Produce unparalleled crystal-clear audio recordings on your own computer with Blue Yeti’s Multi-Pattern USB Microphone. With its advanced tri-capsule technology, you can create records on par with professional studios.
Its multi-pattern settings enable you to capture different sound directions such as stereo, cardioid, bidirectional, and omnidirectional.
This means you can record any kind of sound in various directions that suit your audio project, from vocals, narrations, podcasts, multiple interviews, to instruments.
You also wouldn’t need to set up many microphones because you can simply switch in between the controls for versatile recordings.
In a hurry? This is our winner!
Blue Yeti USB Mic for Recording & Streaming on PC and Mac, 3 Condenser Capsules, 4 Pickup Patterns, Headphone Output and Volume Control, Mic Gain Control, Adjustable Stand, Plug & Play – Blackout
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation.
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo.Frequency Response- 20Hz - 20kHz
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output. Power output (RMS): 130mW
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls.
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8 (including 8.1), Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home and Professional), and Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher), and requires a minimum of 64 MB of RAM(remove existing and upload).
Blue Yeti’s Multi-Pattern USB Microphone Review
Aside from pattern selection controls, Blue Yeti’s USB Microphone also has controls for headphone volume, mute, and mic gain. Check best price on Amazon here.
Features of Blue Yeti’s Multi-Pattern USB Mic
Blue Yeti mic has four pattern modes for multi-purpose recording; stereo, cardioid, omni directional and bidirectional.You can switch between the pattern selection and whatever kind of recording suits with your audio project.
The stereo mode enables the left and right channel which are ideal for recording realistic sounds.
The cardioid mode captures sound in front of the mic, making it best suited for narrations, vocals, podcasts, and game streaming.
- Bidirectional mode picks up sound in the front and at the back of the microphone, perfect for recording interviews, duets, and vocals with instruments.
- The omni directional mode equally captures sound from all directions. You can use this to create realistic ambiance settings or live performances with the audience.
- Real-Time Recording Controls.With Yeti mic, you are in charge of all the levels of the recording process as it allows you to control the pattern selection, headphone volume, pattern selection, microphone gain and mute. Since it is designed to have a 3.5 mm headphone jack, you can listen to recordings in real-time with no delays. You can tweak the volume or control the capturing direction of the mic.
If you hear feedback or distortion during recording coming from background noise or a loud thump, you can just adjust Yeti gain control to increase or decrease its sensitivity.
If you suddenly need a break, just use the easy mute button.
The Yeti Mic looks great on cam because it is designed to look like a retro recording equipment that takes you back to the 1950s. It has a shiny metal grille and frames like an old broadcasting mic.
But despite the classic look, the technology it uses is high-tech.
- The Yeti mic is mounted on a hinge so you can pivot and adjust the mic depending on your sound source.
Simply position it to your desired angle and secure it in place with the screws included. If you’re on the move, you can fold down the mic or remove it from its base for greater portability.
Yeti USB mic is basically a plug and play device. You don’t need to install additional software for it to be recognized by your computer’s operating system.
- 2-year Yeti USB Mic has a two-year limited warranty, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Capsules: pressure gradient, condenser
- Polar Patterns: Multi-direction (stereo, cardioid, bidirectional,and omnidirectional)
- Max SPL: 120dB (THD: 0.5% 1kHz)Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- BitRate: 16bit
- Sample Rate: 48kHz
- Dimension: 5 x 5.5 x 10 inches
- Weight:4 pounds
- System Requirements: For Windows PC: Windows 8 and lower, with USB 1.0/2.0 and 64MB RAM.For Macintosh: Mac OS4.6 or higher, with USB 1.0/2.0 and 64MB RAM
- Aside from the high-quality multi-pattern modes and cool features that Blue Yeti’s Multi-Pattern USB Microphone offers, here are some of the positive aspects of this product based on the experience of its users.
- Best for recording scratch audio for video production.
- For a USB microphone, it’s recording sound quality is excellent, whether for audio and video productions. Even for dubbing and voice-overs in television shows, this mic can be used.
- Phenomenal Sound Recording. It can capture the full range of your voice, unlike a headset mic which only picks up limited range.
- No need for sound editing. The sound recordings with this microphone are great so that you won’t need to edit your recordings for gaps, variances, or level issues anymore.
- Despite the impressive features that Blue Yeti’s Multi-Pattern USB Microphone is capable of, some users have experienced negative aspects of this product.
- Awkward cable.
- Some users hate how the cable connects to the mic’s base. Nevertheless, users suggest that you can ensure that the cable is pulled through the hole and the mic should be tilted upwards in a way that the base faces the user.
- For soundproofed rooms only. It can still pick up background noises, so the best solution is to soundproof your recording area.
- Noise gate dysfunctions. The noise gate function cuts some of the recorded
Blue Yeti’s Multi-Pattern USB Microphone is truly a versatile mic that can operate the way four different mics can. The multi-pattern function is basically phenomenal. See prices and buy on Amazon.
It’s perfect for home and professional studio recordings. You won’t need to buy separate microphones to capture specific sounds. And the sound quality is superb for a USB Microphone. This microphone is highly recommended.
More Studio Microphone Reviews