High-quality computer-based sound recording has never been easier to achieve until Blue Microphones’ Snowball iCE Plug ‘n Play USB Microphone came along. Whether for audio recording or video calling, Snowball iCE will never cease to amaze you by giving excellent sound quality way beyond what built-in PC mics can provide.
This microphone is customized with a cardioid condenser capsule which gives off lucid audio for voice recording and communication. Snowball iCE guarantees excellent results during conference calls using a headset because it is Face Time, Twitch, and Skype certified. See latest prices and buy here
It comes with a portable, adjustable mic stand and a USB cable that can automatically be recognized by your Windows PC or your Mac. You do not need to install drivers to use this.
- Easy Plug and Play.Quick and stress-free recording is a reality with Snowball iCE. Just mount the device on its adjustable stand, connect the USB cable to the port on your Windows or Mac, and your system will automatically recognize it.
- No need to install drivers, unlike other devices you plug into your computer. You’re now ready to start recording any audio projects you want with Snowball iCE.
- Awesome Sound Quality for Video Calls.Whether you’re meeting online with your clients, strengthening your relationship with your friends and family around the world, or just live streaming your gaming session (check out best gaming mic), expect to be heard clearly with Snowball iCE.It works marvellously with a broad range of online video calling apps like Skype, Messenger, Facetime or Twitch.
- High-quality audio recording for Home-based Audio Projects.Whether you’re creating podcasts, narration for home movies, episodes for your YouTube channel, or recording your songs and instruments, Snowball iCE can give you high-quality audio comparable to professional recordings. Gets your audio and video project to a higher level with Snowball iCE.
- One-direction Pick-up and Noise Reduction.The iCE model is designed with a cardioid pickup, meaning it can only catch sound from one direction, cancelling ambience sound and noise. That’s why for single users, this is great.
Audio Quality: Professional (16bit, 4.1kHz)
Mic Capsules: Single
Condenser: CardioidPickup Pattern
Color: Balck and White, Brushed Aluminum
Plug and Play: Yes
Dimensions: 10.6 x 5.5 x 9.1 inches
USB Cable Length: 6-foot
Desktop Stand: Yes
- For Windows PC: Windows 8 and lower, with USB 1.0/2.0 and 64MB RAM.
- For Macintosh: Mac OS 10.4.6 or higher, with USB 1.0/2.0and 64MB RAM
The Blue Microphones Snowball iCE Plug ‘n Play Mic is an affordable, high-quality mic suitable for voice recording and video calling of single users with computer operating systems that are below Windows 10.
It can provide you with a higher quality sound quality than built-in mics, it doesn’t produce an echo, and it isolates your voice and rejects noise. So, if the above-mentioned criteria suit your needs, Snowball iCE is probably the mic you are looking for.
The Snowball iCE Plug ‘n Play USB Microphone is very easy to use so that most users, with no background in being “sound guys,” really like the audio quality it provides without exerting much effort.
Users of different professions who record audio-visual materials for their presentations find it really useful in providing good sound quality despite its low price compared to other USB mics.
For Sales.Those who are recording product demos and sales presentations can greatly benefit from this mic. The sound quality is more improved than the built-in mic from headsets and earphones.
For School.It’s ideal for teachers and college professors trying to make their class less boring.
For Online Teaching.Online language educators can greatly benefit from the Snowball iCE mic because of the lucidity of audio recording it provides, making online teaching easier and clear.
In addition to its internal features, the Blue Microphones customer service also adds to its pros. Users who had problems with their item experienced quality customer service and vouch that they were patient, pleasant, and helpful in solving dilemmas related to the product.
- Not Multiple-User Friendly.As much as it provides quality sound pick-up for single users, for multiple users, it may not. Because this is designed with cardioid features, it picks up sound in one direction only; that’s why you won’t find it useful if you’re making a podcast with many people speaking.
- Low.You have to stoop your head down or place it on a higher platform so maybe uncomfortable speaking using it.
- Windows 10 incompatible.Its volume works great with lower Windows versions but in Windows 10, even though you set the volume on maximum, the audio reception is still low, unless you place it directly near your mouth, in which case is very uncomfortable for anyone.And because there’s no driver to make Windows 10 recognize it, you probably should stay away if you’re using Windows 10.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the blue snowball iCE a good microphone?
The answer depends on what you want to use it as. For an under $50 plug-and-play USB mic that you can use for making streaming videos, calls, and attending online meetings, the Blue Snowball iCE is a terrific mic.
If you are imagining a mic that can help you record your first big hit song, then this is not the one for you.
Is the Blue Snowball a USB mic?
Yes, this is a plug-and-play USB mic that you can easily attach to your computer, laptop, or phone.
What USB does the Blue snowball iCE use?
The Blue Snowball iCE uses USB 2.0. However, if you have a USB 3.0 port, you can still use this device with that, though you will not get the benefit of the higher bandwidth. The USB 2.0 mic works with a 44.1 kHz/16-bit format.
Which is better, Snowball or Yeti?
If you are looking for performance, then the Yeti will beat the Snowball mic, hands down. It has four polaroid patterns that have a lot of applicability from any usage perspective.
Secondly, the Blue Yeti has a larger frequency response (20Hz – 20kHz) than the Snowball mic (40 –18 kHz). Lastly, the overall sound quality is better for the Blue Yeti.
However, this is a patently unfair comparison, simply because the Snowball iCE is an under $50 mic, whereas the Blue Yeti is $100+. With the kind of price differential, these mics simply aren’t competing for the same market.
Which is better blue Snowball or blue snowball iCE?
The key difference between the Blue Snowball and the Blue Snowball iCE is the presence of multiple polar patterns in the former. There are three polar patterns:
2. Cardioid with -10dB pad
The second mode is meant for capturing loud noises, and the third one is great when you have multiple people in the room all speaking into the same mic (like a choir or a conference call meeting).
The Snowball iCE was released as a stripped version of the Snowball because most home users don’t need these multiple polar patterns. It is available at a significantly lower cost as well.
Therefore, if you don’t need the omnidirectional pattern or capturing loud sounds, then the Snowball iCE is a better option because it saves you some money. Otherwise, the Snowball offers more choice.
Best Studio Mics was started by a husband and wife team who love the sound and the technicals behind recording it. Both are professional theatre artists, one with a stage management background and one more on stage. One also has experience in film and television work and the different audio requirements of that arena.