It is quite apparent that we are now living in a multimedia world. With the rise of computer, smartphone, and laptop use, you will see so many multimedia content left and right. For any type of multimedia, whether YouTube videos or podcasts, the audio is definitely an important part.
A poor audio will drive away listeners or viewers away so it is vital that the quality of your audio is high especially when you are recording songs. Your listeners should be able to hear each note, lyric, and rhythm clearly for them to truly enjoy your song.
The best way to record great audio is to use a microphone. There are a lot of great microphones today that are professional-grade yet very affordable. To help you with your shopping, we have listed the 3 best microphones for singing recording.
Neewer NW-700 Condenser Microphone Kit
Neewer is a company that focuses on equipment used for film, music, and anything multimedia. Their products ranges from camera lenses, lights, and filters that are of professional quality at a low price.
The Neewer NW-700 Condenser Microphone Kit has a lot of features that will be very useful for any type of audio recording especially songs. Here is a list of its features:
- Cardioid condenser microphone
- Its frequency response is from 20Hz – 16KHz
- Has a 5V required voltage
- Includes a 48V phantom power supply adapter
- Suspension boom scissor arm stand which can be folded
- 5MM to XLR audio cable
- Has an XLR male to female cable
- Ball pop filter
- Has an LED indicator
- Comes with a ball-type anti-wind foam cap and table mount clamp
This microphone set has a lot of great qualities that would make you want to buy it right away. Here are some of its pros:
- It is very easy to set up as it comes with an instruction manual that is simple to follow
- Very cheap for a professional quality microphone set
- Sounds great even without a sound card
- Great customer service
- Crystal clear audio and cancels out noise
It is without a doubt that the Neewer NW-700 Condenser Microphone Kit is a great product for recording songs. However, it still has a few things to improve on. Below is a short list of its cons:
- The table mount clamp is not that stable and wouldn’t stay tight
- The stand tends to be wobbly
- There are times where the microphone would have trouble picking up sounds if you are too far from it
G-Touker Professional Condenser Microphone
Next is from a small brand called G-Touker. This company has a wide range of microphones and accessories you can choose from.
They have ones that are intended for professional studio recordings, desktop and laptop use, and even ones that are suitable for smartphones. Aside from microphones, they also sell emergency lights and stopwatches.
G-Touker’s Professional Condenser Microphone is an excellent tool to use for those who love recording songs. Here are some more of its features:
- A condenser cardioid microphone
- 20Hz – 20kHz frequency response
- 48kHz sample rate
- 120dB max SPL
- Comes with an adjustable stand, shock mount, anti-spray sponge, and a dual-layer pop filter
- 5mm cable and 3.5mm headset splitter adapter
- Suitable for desktops, laptops, and smartphones
This plug and play microphone is definitely a good choice for recording vocals. Here are more of its great qualities that would surely convince you to buy this right away:
- Great audio quality
- Easy to set up and comes with all the necessary cables to work
- The adjustable that comes with this set is sturdy and easy to store
- Does not take a lot of space
- It is also great that it comes with an adapter so you’ll be able to use headphones with this microphone especially when you are recording on your phone or tablet
This professional condenser microphone from G-Touker has a lot of great qualities. Unfortunately, like any other product, it is not perfect. Here are some of its cons:
- Not compatible with Apple MacBook and you would need a usb sound card to make it work
- It can be a bit hard to put the microphone on the stand because the cord is not detachable
Mugig Condenser Microphone
Last on the list is from the company Mugig. Mugig is a manufacturer of different musical instruments such as violins, guitars, harmonicas, and even accordion.
Aside from musical instruments, they also have a lot of different accessories like guitar straps, capos, and cables.
The Mugig Condenser Microphone comes from a company that are pros when it comes to music which makes this one of the best microphone to record songs. To know more about this product, below is a list of its features:
- 5V required voltage
- Comes with a portable and adjustable arm stand, pop filter, an anti-wind foam cap, table mount clamp, and an anti-vibration shock mount
- Includes a 3.5mm XLR male to female cable
The Mugig Condenser Microphone has a lot of features that you can benefit from. Below is a list of its pros:
- Worth the price
- Great audio quality
- Beautiful and sleek design
- Very easy to set up
Like any other product, it has some downsides. Here is a list of its cons:
- Does not work with MAC
- The arm stand is not that stable
- The mount is limited to only 2 in. thickness
The audio is a very important part of any type of multimedia. Out of the 3 microphones listed above, the best overall one is the G-Touker Professional Condenser Microphone. It has a lot of great features and it comes with a lot of accessories.
It is not only suitable for laptops and desktops, it also works for smartphones and tablets as well. Overall, the microphones above has their own special qualities.
They are all great options if you want to start recording songs. It would only depend on what you need and what your preferences are.