Although the world has been on pause for most of 2021, cutting edge wireless microphones have still been having an impact. When looking at investing in a wireless microphone, you need to think about sound quality, user-friendliness and display.
You want your product to have power and to reach your audience with the clarity you would expect from a professional setup. Then there’s your budget to consider.
So, what should you look out for when buying a wireless microphone? Here’s our rundown of the top 8 best wireless microphones for Youtube and other platforms currently available on the market.
Top 3 Wireless Microphones
Wireless Microphones – Buying Guide
Kithouse S9 UHF Rechargeable Wireless Microphone
Overall the Kithouse S9 is a high-quality product that delivers on sound but struggles to keep up with other leading brands in the market. With its user-friendliness, wireless range and multi-channel setup, you cannot deny the Kithouses’ value.
Material: Sturdy and durable the S9 is built to last. With its all-metal design and steel mesh grille, the S9 is particularly resistant to impact and corrosion. Each wireless mic has a separate volume control within the receiver box.
Sound quality: Overall, users report a clear and uninterrupted sound. Where the Kithouse S9 succeeds with user-friendly setup and manageable channels, it struggles to maintain signal and some users have experienced power cuts during performances.
- Stable signal transference while giving you the freedom to move around
- Multifunction LCD display
- 200ft wireless range
- Two way input (wired and Bluetooth)
- Quick response multi-channel setup
- Professional quality sound with a mid-range price tag
- Occasional signal loss
- You may find it difficult to connect to a computer or tablet device
- Sometimes detects unwanted background noise
Kimafun 2.4G Wireless Microphone System
Perfect for those on a tight budget, the KIMAFUN delivers quality sound for small audiences and those with a reliable connection while broadcasting. The KIMAFUN is a mixed bag. Some users have experienced exceptional sound quality, while others have had to upgrade to a new system not long after purchasing.
Material: The KIMAFUN is built with a durable metal microphone head and body. With additional acid and wear resistance, the KIMAFUN is an excellent addition to the classroom, board meeting and conference hall.
Sound quality: Although geared up to be used outside as well as multiple inside events, the KIMAFUN is challenged by its own unidirectional capabilities. Overall users have experienced good sound quality that has been occasionally interrupted by background noise.
- Two mic options available – headset and lavalier
- Handsfree and freedom to move around
- Versatile and easy setup – compatible function with Sennheiser wireless mic system with 3.5mm locking screw jacks included
- 100 ft wireless range
- Multifunction and easy to read LCD display
- Additional adaptors needed to connect to newer smartphones and iPhones
- Lavalier mic is not overly sensitive and struggles to pick up non-directional sounds
- Sound can become muffled and interrupted by background noise
- Short battery life
UHF Wireless Dual Handheld Dynamic Mic
Generally speaking, this is a well-loved wireless mic. Most users experience a clear, warm and dynamic sound perfect for its usage. Some users have described the mic as temperamental, and have experienced interrupted sound as well as signal loss. For most, the mic is generously priced. Some say it is easy to use and great for small venues.
Material: Solid plastic and a metal mesh make the mic easy to handle and comfortable to hold. The small LCD screen houses little information beyond the mic’s on/off status.
Sound quality: The mic is predominantly designed with a smaller venue and project in mind. If you’re expecting big things from your wireless microphone system, the mic delivers within its range. The mics UHF channels can be intuitively swapped using the concealed push-button on the device.
Fairly innovative and packing a punch, the mic is a worthwhile investment for the tighter budget.
- Perfect for energetic and active performances – you have the freedom to roam anywhere
- Great for smaller live performances – conferences, weddings, religious events etc
- 80-meter wireless range
- User-friendly, comfortable to hold and can be used for up to 20 selectable frequencies
- Cardioid Polar Pattern delivers warm, smooth sound with excellent feedback rejection
- Lightweight, versatile and compact – also includes 6.35mm jack output for guitar amps and DJ mixers
- Hard to read LCD display
- Batteries not included and drain quickly when in use
- Susceptible to plosives (P and T sounds) cresting breathy, muffled sound
- Incredibly directional – picks up a lot of handling noise
Uhf Metal Dynamic Handheld Mic
This mic is at the cheaper end of our list. For its price, the Dynamic offers unbeatable value for what it offers. Most users have found the Dynamic’s handling of sound suitable for their needs. Others have struggled with the Dynamic’s inability to maintain acceptable frequency levels.
Overall, the Dynamic proves to be the wildcard of the bunch.
Material: The Dynamic is built with a metal outer shell. It is long and easy to handle, but not always comfortable to grip.
Sound quality: From a good range of sound to rattling and muffled, the Dynamic has broken the internet with what users have experienced. Our advice is to tread with caution, but you might be pleasantly surprised!
- Like all wireless microphones, the Dynamic gives you the freedom to move around
- A uni-directional mic that produces high-quality sound without interrupting crackle or hum noise
- 48 meters wireless range
- High sensitivity with a constant frequency
- User-friendly and easy to setup
- Perfect for small live performances and events
- Not easy to use with a computer or smart devices
- Low signal capabilities even in open space
- Poor battery life and hard to access battery compartment
Sennheiser Pro Audio Ew 100 Portable Wireless Microphone
Where to begin? The Sennheiser is a well-loved reputable brand that rarely fails to deliver. Great at recording ambient to the crystal clear warm sound required for broadcasting, the Sennheiser is a reliable product worth investing in.
Incredibly easy to use and to set up, the Sennheiser easily syncs with other devices. You most certainly pay for what you get with the Sennheiser!
Material: Rugged and reliable, the Sennheiser is made from high-grade metals. Easy to handle and simple to mount, the Sennheiser is unchallenged in its craftsmanship.
Sound quality: If professional sounding recordings are what you are looking for, the Sennheiser is the product for you. Powerful and offering uninterrupted wireless transmission, the Sennheiser is a must-have purchase for the serious sound engineer to the excelling broadcaster.
- Highly flexible and versatile for Broadcast-quality sound
- Rugged and durable all in one wireless system
- Incredibly easy to use and fast setup time
- 100 metres/330 feet wireless range
- Up to 8 hours of operation time
- Works within the frequency band G (566 – 608 MHz)
- Out of most general user’s budgets
- Need to pay close attention to the antennae
TONOR UHF Metal Cordless Handheld Mic System
It’s hard not to like what the TONOR UHF has to offer. Stable and with low latency, the TONOR UHF is good value for money. Most users have experienced crystal clear sound that delivers up to the 200ft operating range.
Where the TONOR UHF fails, is that some users have struggled with the battery capabilities. Crackling and broken sound has managed to make its way into some usage. At less than £40 on Amazon, you aren’t going to break the bank with this terrific product!
Material: Made with an all-metal casing, the TONOR UHF looks professionally made and stylish too. With its smooth finish and almost soft touch feel, the TONOR UHF is easy to handle and a welcome addition to any aspiring musician or small venue setup.
Sound quality: Overall, the TONOR UHF offers a clear cut professional sound. Although some users have experienced muffled and broken signal, the TONOR UHF is generally a well-performing wireless microphone.
- A high-quality microphone that offers excellent feedback suppression
- 200ft operating range – stable signal for indoor and outdoor events (from churches to small stage live performance)
- Automatic transmitter and receiver synchronisation with 5 adjustable channels to minimise radio interference
- Offers a quick charging portable receiver that can last up to 6-8 hours
- Occasional signal loss for outside events
- Well suited for live performance rather than broadcasting and recordings
- Limited by its battery life
Phenyx Pro 4-Channel UHF Cordless Mic
There is a lot to like with the Phenyx Pro. With its top-quality range and clarity, it’s worth the investment. Unlike some of its counterparts, the Phenyx Pro functions admirably with its 4 adjustable channels!
Overall the Phenyx Pro user experience is highly rated. Although marketed for a broad audience, the Phenyx Pro is best suited for broadcasters, streamers, and small live performances.
Material: The Phenyx is durable and built to last. Made out of an all-metal casing, the Phenyx Pro will survive the impact and will serve you well for years.
Sound quality: There is so little to fault with the Phenyx. It delivers a high-quality professional sound that is pure and clear. If you are in the market for a high-end wireless microphone without the extortionate price tag, the Phenyx Pro is the one for you.
- Great value for money, the Phenyx Pro comes with 4 wireless handheld microphones and a receiver
- Each microphone has 4 adjustable channels that can be used for up to 4 systems at the same time
- High-quality sound quality with the dynamic cartridge limiting feedback and interfering noises
- Unwanted distortion is limited by the innovative dual anti-noise and anti-interference technology
- Extra cables will be required to connect to your mixer
- Limited by its sensitivity – we wouldn’t recommend this product for vocalists
Kithouse K380A Wireless Microphone
Offering a decent range while giving you quality, clear sound, the Kithouse K380A is excellent value for money. It deals well with a range of environments and can handle a wide range of events. Overall, the K380A is one of Amazon’s hidden gems.
Material: Made from a lightweight and comfortable to hold plastic, the K380A isn’t the sturdiest feeling wireless mic, but it sure packs a punch.
Sound quality: The K380A maintains good sound clarity and offers a simple user-friendly set up for the aspiring vocalist to the conference champ. With its innovative UHF Connector technology on your side, background noise, crackles and distortion are kept to a minimum.
- Exceptionally user-friendly – just plug in and use
- Has both outdoor and indoor functions – its receiver input is designed to use two mics simultaneously
- Its range is up to 50ft indoors and 100ft outside
- Has a built-in Bluetooth receiver with a rechargeable lithium battery
- Perfect for small live performances, meetings, karaoke and weddings
- Features 10 UHF channels with a frequency response between 50Hz and 18KHz
- Limited battery life – so remember to keep your mics charged before use
- Not ideal for connecting to a computer or smartphone
Best Studio Mics was started by a husband and wife team who love the sound and the technicals behind recording it. Both are professional theatre artists, one with a stage management background and one more on stage. One also has experience in film and television work and the different audio requirements of that arena.