Video conferencing is almost an everyday affair for people who work remotely or at a company that has a nationwide or worldwide presence.
Video conferencing is a great way to bring the whole organization together and have a virtual meeting in the same way to being in the same meeting room together. This is a frequent occurrence in most corporates and MNCs, given that there is a larger need for coordination between multiple centers.
But often if you are doing a video conference or conference call with only the laptop or computer speakers, the sound tends to bleed or it may drown out with the ambient noise in the room. If this is going to be a long meeting, the purpose will be lost if people cannot hear and begin to zone out.
It is a counter-productive exercise that needs fixing. A simple way to fix this is to use quality headsets for conference calls or video conferencing; earbuds or conference call headphones can equally be used. If everyone uses premium headsets for video conferencing, the company will be able to save a lot of time that may otherwise be spent asking people to repeat what they just said.
A good headset for video conferencing is also extremely useful if you are working from home. Not everybody in the house needs to hear of your business strategies at work or be privy to important board meetings.
Even if confidentiality is not a concern, it is just not fun for anybody involved to be in this arrangement, where one party has to listen to a boring meeting while the other party is asking everybody in the room to be quiet. Video conferencing headsets can make all the difference. The following are some of the best headsets for video conference calls that we have selected for this very purpose.
Quick View: Our Top Conference Call Headphone/Headsets
Our 7 Best Video Conferencing Headsets with Reviews
Best Wireless Headset for Video Conferencing: Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth headphones are one of the absolute best headsets for a video call or conference. If you are working from home and need to tune into office meetings often, you can do this without the distraction of the kettle going off in the kitchen or someone blasting the television downstairs.
It has three levels of excellent noise cancellation that works in any setting. The great thing about these Bluetooth headphones is that they are Alexa enabled so they offer voice access to a variety of features, including music, ideal as micless gaming headphones, news, etc. through the Bose Connect app. The Bose Connect app is one of the things that absolutely makes this a worthy product because the app makes the Bluetooth pairing process seamless.
Bose QuietComfort 35 II Video Conferencing Headset – Features
- Dual-microphone system with Alexa-enabled features for clean voice pickup and sound.
- Allows personalized settings through the Bose Connect app.
- It can be compatible with Bose AR by making a firmware update to the Bose Connect app.
- The USB cable is 30.5 cm.
- Three layers of world-class noise cancellation to enable clean listening in any setting.
Best headset for conference calls: Jabra Evolve 75 UC Wireless Headset
The Jabra Evolve 75 UC Wireless Headset is the best microphone for conferences, in our book. It offers a splendid performance and has an HD voice, in addition to spectacular speakers. The headphones deliver great voice quality, a must have during an important video conference. Even if you are not in the middle of a meeting but want to tune the noise out while you work, you can enhance focus by switching on the active noise cancellation mode.
If you are around other people and need them to know that you cannot be interrupted in the middle of a certain conference call, the integrated busylight can be used as an efficient do-not-disturb sign. The Bluetooth connectivity also allows you to be mobile while you are working or even in the middle of a meeting. Often, your thoughts are clear when you can pace around a bit.
Jabra Evolve 75 UC Wireless Headset for Video Conferencing – Product Features
- Active noise cancellation mode that can eliminate low-frequency sounds like the fan or the air conditioner.
- Up to 18 hours of talk time, 17 hours of music listening and up to 15 days of standby time on a full charge.
- Included USB cord for use while charging.
- Range of 100 feet/30 m from the connected Bluetooth device, in addition to dual Bluetooth connectivity.
- Jabra Link 370 USB adapter included.
Plantronics – Voyager 8200 UC
The Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC Stereo Bluetooth Headset is an excellent pair of conference call headphones for a smooth Bluetooth connection and mobile listening up to 98 feet. The headphones are great for attending those Skype or Zoom work meetings, as well as for kicking back at home and enjoying some of your favorite music.
There is also an option to stay connected through a wire in case your battery runs out or you need to charge it fully for the following day. Both the speakers offer excellent sound in the stereo sound mode, so you always get a crystal clear quality. It also has an over-the-head design for the earpiece so you can be sure that it stays in its place and does not slip. If you want to use your work headphones even when you go for a run outdoors, the shape and design of the headphones is great for that as well.
Plantronics Voyager 8200 UC Stereo Bluetooth Headset for Video Conferencing – Product Features
- The headphones have a 98 feet wireless range, allowing you to be perfectly mobile.
- The 35 mm mini-phone connector ensures secure connectivity while you work.
- The headphones boast of great circumaural design features, providing crystal clear binaural sounds too.
- The wired connectivity option allows you to use the headphones even if the battery has run out.
Plantronics 207120-21 Backbeat Pro 2
The Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 Special Edition is another great pair of headphones for the Google Hangouts, Zoom and Microsoft Teams meetings you may need to attend when you are working from home or are traveling. The headphones offer incredibly great audio quality and a high-resolution sound for those important meetings.
Often, large office meetings can be frustrating because of unclear sound and voice lags. With these headphones, you will be able to hear your colleagues clearly and will not have to miss a word (assuming everybody has a good internet connection, of course). You can also switch to the active noise canceling (ANC) mode if you want to reduce the ambient noise around you and need some quiet time while working.
Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 Special Edition Headphones for Video Conferencing – Features
- The headphones offer a high-resolution sound with robust speaker drivers.
- Up to 24 hours of wireless use on full battery charge. You can continue using the headphones as a wired device while it is charging.
- Active noise canceling (ANC) mode can be turned on when you want to get rid of low-frequency ambient noises, like the humming of the air conditioner.
- The Bluetooth range is up to 100 meters.
- The set comes with a handy travel case. The ear cups can lay flat for it to fit into the provided travel case.
Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR
The Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Over-Ear Open Air Headphone are another high-resolution-certified headphones that offers extended response frequencies. The headphones also boast of pre-tilted speaker plates that give you a clear and clean sound, as well as engineered double-layered ear shells. The earpads are made with deluxe memory foam which you can also replace or pad up as time goes on.
The headphones are lightweight, easy to use and perfect for working from home, as well as wearing while you go out for a run or to get some exercise. It has an acoustic open-back architecture that only makes the sound quality superior. No more audio drops because of poor Bluetooth connections or unclear sound quality.
Philips Audio Fidelio X2HR Headphones for Video Conferences – Product Features
- The headphones come with a 3.5 mm detachable oxygen-free cable, as well as a 6.3 mm adapter and a cable management clip.
- The headphones boast of 50 mm high-definition neodymium drivers along with an LMC diaphragm.
- The acoustic open-back architecture is a big plus for the headphones.
- The deluxe memory foam earpads come with a luxurious and breathable velour finish.
- The hammock is self-adjustable and has a 3D mesh, with the outer headband made of genuine leather.
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0
The Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless with Active Noise Cancellation is an incredible pair of headphones that offers an active noise cancellation mode for trouble-free listening. The headphones are wireless and boast of easy and seamless Bluetooth connectivity. It boasts of two built-in microphones that work together seamless in order to improve the quality of sound.
During a phone call, dual microphone technology works extra hard to remove external noises. This can also become a great wired set to be used with a mobile phone or other devices. This one of the most reliable and useful headphones to use for video conferencing. You can say goodbye to audio drops and unnecessary disturbances in the middle of an important work meeting.
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless Video Conference Headsets – Product Features
- The active noise cancellation (ANC) mode is able to remove ambient noise with the help of four microphones, making the sound quality remarkably better when the mode is activated.
- The wireless headphones boast of 22 hours of battery when both Bluetooth and Noise Gard settings are activated.
- It has a low profile; optimal for use with mobile devices.
- It comes with a detachable cable that has jack plugs on both sides.
- It works with a frequency response of 16 Hz to 22000 Hz.
BlueParrott B450-XT Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset
The BlueParrott B450-XT Noise canceling Bluetooth Headset has been made precisely to have your bearings even in the loudest environment. These headphones for conference calls have the remarkable ability to block out noise, offering almost 96% noise cancellation. You can also be mobile and walk around while using the headphones without worrying about losing connectivity.
The headset is also extremely comfortable to wear and you can have them on practically the whole day without hurting your ears too much. The headphones also leave your hands free so you can take notes, tidy your desk or take care of other chores even while you are in the video conference.
Blue Parrott B450-XT Noise Canceling Bluetooth Video Conferencing Headset – Product Features
- The headphones have a wireless range of up to 300 feet from the device it has been paired to.
- The headphone has a soft ear cushion and a padded headband that lets you wear them for long hours at a stretch.
- You get 24 hours of talk time on a full charge, and 500 hours or 20 days of standby time.
- The headphones also have features like VoiceControl, making the experience completely hands free.
Best Headsets for Conference Calling and Video Conferencing – Final Thoughts
Working from home and video conferencing are becoming increasingly common practice. If you are away from the office and need to step into an important meeting, it is still necessary to maintain a certain professionalism. If the person on the other end of the line can hear disturbance or if you have to keep asking them to repeat what they said because of unclear audio, it can derail a whole day’s work. Getting the best headset for video conferencing can make the meeting a lot more productive and save time by avoiding miscommunication.
The headphones that have been reviewed above have incredible noise canceling features so you can even use them when you are not in a conference. They are great for listening to music or to have a clear head while you are working. Instead of constantly asking people around you to be quiet while you work, you can simply slip these headphones on and get into your own zone without any disturbance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use earbuds for video conferencing?
To address significant issues like background noise disturbances, earbuds serve the best during video conferences. The best earbuds for conference calls connected using Bluetooth will reduce the noise around you during your meeting. The earbuds come with high-quality built-in microphones that can cancel noise, making them suitable to attend a video conference.
What is needed for zoom video conferencing?
You can use the zoom on a laptop or mobile easily. While you attend zoom, you must have a good internet connection. Along with this, a webcam is crucial as it is a video conference. Even though your computer comes with a built-in speaker and microphone, choose to use headphones with a mic to avoid noise and increase the quality of speech.
Do I need a headset for online teaching?
Headsets will help in eliminating external disturbances and having clear audio while teaching. Having a headset during the online class will help you better communicate with the student. For better communication, pick a headset that has better technology. Choose headset over earbuds for online teaching as they fit better in the ear and make it comfortable to use all day.
How do I know if my earbud has a mic?
The wireless earbuds come with a mic inside the casing. Some costly models come with a mic in both earbuds. If wireless earbuds have connector bands, then the mic is featured on them, which is noticeable.
If you have wired earbuds, most of the types have mics that are in the cable. And also, if your wired earbuds connector plug has three wings and four metal sections, then that earbud comes with a mic.
Can you talk with wireless earbuds?
Bluetooth connectivity makes it possible to talk with the help of wireless earbuds. Earbuds are connected to the mobile and computer with the help of Bluetooth. To connect with the Bluetooth on the phone, turn on the discovery mode on the mobile and select the desired device. Now, you can answer any calls and speak with the help of a microphone in the earbuds, making it easy to communicate using earbuds.
What are the best headsets for conference calls?
Best Studio Mics was started by a husband and wife team who love the sound and the technicals behind recording it. Both are professional theatre artists, one with a stage management background and one more on stage. One also has experience in film and television work and the different audio requirements of that arena.